Reopening Information for Triangle Programs
Triangle received guidance from the state on July 2 about resuming programming upon completing several safety protocols and providing staff trainings throughout the month of July. We have made tremendous progress on these benchmarks and have been working diligently with our many partners to ensure that our participants have a smooth and safe transition back into our four Supported Employment and Community-Based Day Program locations in Malden (2), Randolph, and Salem. Our number one priority will continue to be that all precautions are being taken to ensure the health of the people in our programs and our dedicated Triangle staff members. Please see below for specific reopening information for our different programs.
Please click here for more information about our new Testing Centers.
- Triangle has received emergency authorization to open its newly created Testing Centers in our Malden (at our new Workforce Development location on Pleasant Street) and Salem locations.
- These two test centers have been approved to provide emergency testing services during the ongoing pandemic.
- Each testing terminal is separated by plexiglas and spaced to ensure the safety of each test taker.
- Each computer will be thoroughly cleaned after every test is completed.
- While these test centers will eventually have capacity to offer a wide variety of tests, we will open by exclusively offering HiSET testing to out-of-school youth and adults who need to demonstrate their skills and knowledge in order to receive a state-issued high school equivalency (HSE) credential that is often required for employment.
Community-Based Day Programs
- The tentative target date to reopen our Community-Based Day Program locations is Monday, August 3.
- This will be in a limited capacity to safely maintain social distancing and prevent increased risk of spread.
- Not all participants will be able to return upon the initial reopening, but Triangle’s day services staff members will work with each person to determine the best step for them.
- We will be offering a hybrid model of in-person and virtual programming.
- Transportation to and from program sites will not be offered by Triangle.
- Visitations with participants was expanded as of July 7th to include on-site and off-site visits, following the Visitation Policy for DDS Residential Programs – Updated July 1, 2020.
- IMPACT will continue to conduct all programming virtually, and will be offering an online social group focused on building safe and healthy relationships online.
- EPIC will continue to provide virtual youth groups and Community Trainings.
- EPIC Youth Support Groups will continue to be virtual for the remainder of 2020.
- The EPIC Service Warrior program is set to launch the 2021 Teams in Boston and Worcester in October 2020. EPIC staff will continue to assess the launch date based on the current status of the COVID-19 in MA and what is safest for all in the EPIC Community.
In preparation for reopening, all Triangle staff members will receive trainings on the following topics:
- Overview of COVID-19, including signs and symptoms, transmission, and prevention tips
- Social distancing, hand washing, and proper use of face coverings
- Proper PPE usage
- Self-screening at home
- Not coming back to work if ill
- When to seek medical attention
- Understanding who is at most risk
- Cleaning and disinfecting
- Human Resources policies and procedures