Through support, challenge, and opportunity, Triangle, Inc. empowers people with disabilities and their families to enjoy rich, fulfilling lives. We are committed to helping the world realize that we are all people with ability.
Triangle, Inc. was established in 1971 by business leaders and families who believed that we are all people with ability. In our early years, we provided on-site employment opportunities for people with disabilities from Medford, Malden, and Everett. Because people with disabilities wanted to work and live in the community, we also opened three community homes in our first decade.
Since 2001, Triangle, Inc. has rapidly expanded to provide youth and adults with the innovative career, leadership, and safety skills they need to live more independent, dignified lives. Our School-to-Career and Empowering People for Inclusive Communities (EPIC) initiatives equip high school students with disabilities and recent graduates with the tools to start careers and serve and lead their local communities. Our national award-winning IMPACT:Ability program provides evidence-based abuse prevention training that empowers people of all abilities to live safe, healthy lives. At our nine beautiful homes in Malden, Melrose, Peabody, Danvers, Reading, Stoneham, and Saugus, we provide support to 43 people to help them enjoy more independent, dignified lives.
Our Impact in FY22
- 6 program locations and service sites, including our new Prism Program location in Malden
- 9 residential houses that are homes to 43 Triangle residents
- 97 hours of self-advocacy training provided by EPIC to students
- 104 hours of ableism and disability inclusion training provided to help build more inclusive workplaces
- 231 job opportunities were created across all Triangle employment-focused programs
- 999 students with disabilities received Triangle school-based programs that feature abuse prevention, personal safety, work-readiness, self-advocacy, and career exploration classes in partnership with more than 30 schools and districts
- 1,292 exams were proctored through Triangle’s two Testing Centers in Malden and Salem
- 1,963 people with disabilities impacted by all Triangle programs in FY22
To learn more about the outcomes of our programs, view our FY22 Annual Report.