Triangle, Inc. received emergency authorization in 2020 to open our newly created Testing Centers in our Malden (at our new Workforce Development location on Pleasant Street) and Salem locations. These two test centers have been approved to provide emergency testing services during the ongoing pandemic. In addition to having an emergency test center designation, both Triangle Test Centers can accommodate a wide range of test takers with disabilities.
We are now offering HiSET testing to out-of-school youth and adults who need to demonstrate their skills and knowledge in order to receive a state-issued high school equivalency (HSE) credential that is often required for employment, as well as the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), and ParaPro Assessment.
We are an authorized Pearson VUE test center for GED, MTEL, and IT tests, including CompTIA, GIAC, Amazon Web Services, IO Solutions, and more. As of October 1, 2022, you can also register for pre-employment and promotional tests for the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) through Pearson VUE.
How will we safely be testing?
- Each terminal will be separated by plexiglas.
- Each computer will be thoroughly cleaned after every test.
- As of July 2021, staff and testing center participants are expected to wear a mask at all times. We are taking this precaution to ensure that we maintain the safest and healthiest environment possible to reduce the exposure of COVID-19.
Locations and Dates
HiSET, TOEFL, GED, ParaPro, and Pearson VUE test dates are available in Salem. Please see the calendar below for upcoming test dates.
Our Salem Testing Center is located in Shetland Park at:
45 Congress Street, Suite # 4171 – Entrance Q
Salem, MA 01970
Click here for directions.
If your GPS brings you to the Main Entrance/Guard Booth at the 45 Congress Street Entrance/Shetland Park, please follow these instructions:
- From the entrance, continue straight until you get to the seawall.
- Turn right at the seawall and follow this road for .2 miles.
- Go past the Registry of Deeds and DCF.
- After the last building, turn right and park across from the main Triangle, Inc. entrance.
- Look for the Test Center A-Frame sign.
- Follow the Test Center sign up the stairs or ramp into the building.
- Look for signage in the lobby which will direct you through the glass door, down the hallway.
- Follow the hallway (right, left, right) – until you see the Test Center door.
HiSET and ParaPro test dates are available in Malden. Please see the calendar below for upcoming test dates.
Our Malden Testing Center is located at:
157 Pleasant Street
Malden, MA 02148
Sign Up Now
- To sign up to take the HiSET test, please visit the HiSET testing website where you can select Triangle’s Malden or Salem location as your preferred location.
- To sign up to take the TOEFL test, please visit the TOEFL website where you can search for Salem and select Triangle as your preferred location.
- To sign up to take the GED test, please visit the GED website where you can create an account, and then select Triangle’s Salem location as your preferred location.
- Effective September 12, 2022, The Commonwealth of Massachusetts will pay for a candidate’s first GED® test in each subject plus limited retakes (two retests per subject). Click here to learn more.
- You can find and register for any Pearson VUE test on the Pearson VUE website. Select Triangle’s Salem location as your preferred location.
- To sign up or get more information about the ParaPro Assessment, please visit the ETS ParaPro site. Select Triangle’s Salem or Malden location as your preferred location. You can also complete our ParaPro Registration Form to receive more information.
Janice Philpot, M.Ed, C.A.G.S
Chief of Workforce Initiatives